It is so very exciting to see our new Green Organics Composting bins throughout our complex!!
Please note there can be no plastic bags in the Organics Composting, only certified recyclable bags can be used. You also have the option of dumping your counter top bin into the green bins without using bags of any kind. On behalf of your Board of Directors, please recycle your organics and blue bin items appropriately as per the attached list.
There are so many reasons why it’s important to recycle and compost, with your help we can contribute to the conservation of raw materials, reduce methane emissions from landfills and lower your carbon footprint. By making new products out of recycled materials and reduce the need to consume precious resources. By recycling helps to protect natural habitats for future generations. Organics composting encourages the production of beneficial bacteria/fungi that break down organic matter to create humus, a rich nutrient-filled material, enriches soil by helping retain moisture, suppress plant diseases and cuts down on pests.
Another way to help the planet is to simply Reduce the Amount of Trash You Create
Here are a few good ways to do this;
1. Cut down on the amount of non-recyclable materials you purchase and throw out.
2. Bring your own reusable bag to purchase groceries. If you forget, request paper, and pack as many goods in one bag as possible, without double bagging.
3. Have any paper statements that are normally mailed to you – such as bills, financial statements, newsletters, etc. – e-mailed to you instead.
4. When wrapping presents, opt for reusable gift bags instead of wrapping paper – or maybe even reuse wrapping paper.
5. Try to avoid disposable items such as paper plates, cups, and utensils.
6. Try to reduce the amount of packaging you purchase by buying products in bulk.
7. Buy products that are packaged in cardboard or paper board instead of Styrofoam.
Please see the attached Multi-Family Quick Reference Recycling Guide for clarification.
If there should be any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us, we would love to hear from you!!
Board of Directors
Ranchland Meadows Corporation No. 8010081